We all know about air compressors and its many types and usage. We have also been publishing basic information and overview air dryers which are widely used in both industrial applications and home applications. But to give our valuable customers and reader detailed information about what is an air dryer, how an air dryer works and what are the proper industrial and non-industrial uses of air dryers, as a leading air dryer manufacturer, we are presenting today in-depth knowledge on the workings of air dryers!
There are many industrial applications and non-industrial/home applications where air dryers find their place. And the Refrigerated air dryer is one of the most widely used and one of the most important types of air dryers. So let’s get into know how a refrigerated air dryer works!
Refrigerated Air Dryers can help you solve the problem of harmful moisture in you compressed air system. Extra level of moisture in the air compressor system can damage the equipment and can harm the processes or product which can cost you in time and money. This method of drying is widely used and accepted because it is robust in nature as it generates dew points, which are adequate for most applications using well proven technologies that encounter few problems if properly sized, installed and maintained.
• The refrigerated air dryer cool downs the incoming compressed air first in an air-to-air heat exchanger where the outgoing cool dry air pre-cools the hot incoming air and condenses some moisture out. Then,
• Then the incoming air gets supplied to air-to-refrigerant heat exchanger where the air is cooled downed up to 38ºf degree by the liquid refrigerant. This way the process enforces the moisture to condense into liquid water and it is drained away.
• Compressor in the refrigerated air dryer pumps hot hi-pressure gas refrigerant (Freon) into the system condenser where it transfers the heat from the refrigerant gas to the ambient air to make the gas condenses into the liquid form.
• Now, the liquid refrigerant which is also known as Freon is metered to a cold lower pressure so that it can enter the air-to-refrigerant heat exchanger and then the heat from the hot compressed air is absorbed into the cold refrigerant.
• Finally, the refrigeration compressor sucks low pressure hot gas refrigerant into the refrigeration compressor and the cycle starts over again.
This way the whole cycle of air dryer works and the application of the air dryer gets working at its best until the air dryers works well, so the regular check-ups, maintenance and the testing of air dryers is very important and vital for any air dryers. There are many air dryer manufacturers who manufacture and export multiple style, type and size of air dryers being useful for a variety of applications at both industrial and non-industrial level.